Call for Student Show Entries
It’s time for the Communication Arts Technology Program’s Art Competition & Show, the CATTY’s. All student work created specifically for and during the current SPRING 2022 semester for a Communication Arts class is eligible for the competition. Students can enter as many pieces as they wish.
This will be an in-person and online show!
We will have categories in the following areas:
GRAPHIC DESIGN (Beginning, Advanced)
COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (Beginning, Advanced) COLOR and Black & White
DIGITAL IMAGING (Beginning, Advanced)
ILLUSTRATION (Traditional, Computer)
You can submit your entries digitally to be judged. How? Either through email with OneDrive (preferred), USB, CD, DropBox, or floppy disks! Send these to April Fultz at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off in 312-A.
If your work is accepted, you will be asked to print or print and mount your work. Mounting can cost around $3.50 per item.
ALL WORK ACCEPTED FOR THE SHOW WILL BECOME PART OF OUR PERMANENT COLLECTION UNLESS IT IS AN ORIGINAL PIECE OF ART, LIKE A PROTOTYPE.
This semester’s specs for entries are different than any show we have had, so read closely below.
What We Need From All of You:
First, we need a Hi-Res version of your artwork, something larger than 3MB.
Additionally, we will need images of your artwork for the website. We want the sizes to be consistent for a pleasing website experience. Make sure to optimize* your images for the web so our website loads as fast as possible without losing the quality of your images. More on this at the bottom of the page. Ideally, your optimized image will be under 1.5 Megabytes and above 800 Kilobytes.
Every file you turn in should be named with your first AND last name AND class name. You can add the title of the piece if you have one. Every file, not just a folder with your name, but every file.
For example: your-name-class-name-title.jpg
- We need a Hi-Res version of our work. A .PDF file will be fine.
- We also need a .JPG formatted image to be a placeholder image on the website. Once someone clicks on the placeholder, it will then open your PDF.
- The placeholder image needs to be 2,000 pixels wide and the height of the art can vary.
- We need a Hi-Res file of your artwork. You can give us a .PSD file.
- We will also need a .JPG of your work and it must be 2,000 pixels wide and the height of the art can vary.
- We need a Hi-Res file, it can be an .AI file.
- We also need a .JPG formatted image that needs to be 2,000 pixels wide and the height of the art can vary.
- We need a Hi-Res image file, something larger than 3MB.
- We will also need a .JPG of your work that is around 1.2MB. It must be 100 ppi or dpi, 2,000 pixels wide, and the height of the art can vary.
Website Mockups (not coded)
- We need a Hi-Res version of your home page.
- We also need a .JPG copy that is 2,000 pixels wide and the height of the art can vary.
- A website address for the hosted webpage.
- We need a .JPG placeholder image that is 2,000 pixels wide, and the height of the art can vary. Once someone clicks on the placeholder, it will then open your website.
- We want your flash/animate file.
- We need a .MOV or .MP4 file – NOT a .SWF file.
- A placeholder .JPG image (for a user to click on that will play the animation). The placeholder must be the exact same pixel size as the animated file.